This year, in a departure from tradition, the Wine Seminar and our 53rd Annual Tasting are on two different weekends.
The Wine Seminar, “Winemaking in Two Worlds: France and Napa,” is Saturday, May 9 at CIA-Greystone, Saint Helena.
The Annual Tasting, “A Toast to 2012,” is Sunday, August 9 at Silverado Resort & Spa, Napa. Further information and Seminar tickets as well as our co-sponsored Books on Wine Event follow.
We look forward to having you us join us at each and every event.
25th Annual Wine Seminar, "Winemaking in Two Worlds: Napa Valley and France: Burgundy and Bordeaux"
Please join our four celebrated Napa Valley vintners in a discussion of making wines here and abroad. Wine glass in hand, you'll assess King Cab and Le Vin des Rois, Pinot Noir and Vin Rouge de Bourgogne, as each panelist presents wines chosen for the Seminar and takes questions from the floor. Every panelist and the moderator is actively involved with the making of wine in Napa Valley and France and eager to share their experiences with you.
We are most appreciative of the time our vintners have set aside from their twin growing seasons to take part in the Seminar and are confident you will find it a lively and informative day.
The moderator is Master Sommelier Gilles de Chambure.
The panelists are:
- Dawnine Dyer - Dyer Straits Wine Company pouring wines from Domaine Chandon:
- MV Blanc de Noirs, California
- 2004 étoile Tête de Cuvée, California
- 2013 Pinot Meunier, Carneros
- Jean-Charles Boisset - Boisset Collection
- Jean-Claude Boisset 2011 Chambolle-Musigny Les Chardannes, Côte de Nuits, Bourgogne, France
- DeLoach Vineyards 2012 Estate Pinot Noir Olivet Bench, Russian River Valley
- JCB 2011 № 3, Russian River Valley and Côte de Nuits, Bourgogne, France
- Aaron Pott - Pott Wine
- Pott 2010, 2011 and 2012 La Carte et Le Territoire Young Inglewood Vineyard, Saint Helena
- Michael Silacci - Opus One
- Opus One 2005, 2007 and 2011, Napa Valley
Registration is at 9:00 am; the first panel is at 9:30 am; the event concludes at 12:15 pm, followed by lunch in the Grove of Raymond Vineyards prepared by Raymond's chef, Michel Cornu. Tickets include all wines and lunch, and are limited in number.
The Seminar is SOLD OUT.
8th Annual Books on Wine Event with Alder Yarrow, of the blog vinography.com, and his recently released book, The Essence of Wine
Alder Yarrow presented a lively, provocative and most practical program as he recounted his own history and that of the book’s, and read sample entries to a full house.
Alder describes the flavors and aromas–the taste–of four main groups of wines, each group depicted by Leigh Beisch and stylist Sara Slavin with lusciously appealing images. Alder has also included the names of several wines with each entry so the reader can know which wines taste like June or October, stone fruit or fiddleheads, and choose accordingly.
A reception preceded the presentation, co-sponsored by the George and Elsie Wood Public Library (aka Saint Helena Public Library) and Napa Valley Vintners.